By Diantha Dow Schull
Analyzes key societal traits, resembling longer lifespans and greater inhabitants overall healthiness, and their implications for libraries paintings with midlife adults
Profiles modern States and Beacon Libraries from around the country on the vanguard of institutional change
Discusses matters similar to creativity, well-being, monetary literacy, existence making plans, and intergenerational actions from the 50+ standpoint, whereas displaying how libraries can place themselves as crucial facilities for studying, encore careers, and neighborhood engagement
Spotlights top practices that may be tailored for any atmosphere, together with samples of enormous quantities of tasks and suggestions that illustrate new ways to 50+ rules, staffing, courses, companies, partnerships, and communications
The knowledge and perception contained during this e-book will help make the library a middle for confident aging.
Read Online or Download 50+ Library Services: Innovation in Action PDF
Best aging parents books
DescriptionThis booklet is the biography of Helen Maczkowiack’s son, Stephen, who suffered from schizophrenia and took his personal lifestyles at simply 29. It captures the haunting tale of a tender man’s determined fight to discover his means in existence. It good points excerpts from Stephen’s diary, which supplies the reader a deep perception into his ailment: the paranoia, obsession and flashes of anger, the unpredictability in addition to the creativity and effort.
* 20% of adults within the U. S. are caregivers. One in 5 adults cares for an getting older dad or mum, an in poor health wife, somebody with a incapacity or a relative or buddy who wishes a few type of aid. * the newborn boomers are right here. by means of 2030--up to twenty% of the inhabitants might be over sixty five years outdated. thousands will face retirement with constrained discount rates, be disabled or clinically determined with power ailments, have Alzheimer's, or want a few type of caregiving providers of their personal houses.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2009 im Fachbereich Pflegewissenschaften, word: 1,3, Universität Bremen (Fachbereich eleven Pflegewissenschaft/ Public Health), Veranstaltung: Einführung in die Technik des wissenschaftlichen Arbeitens, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: In dieser Hausarbeit werden die Entwicklung und der aktuelle Stand der Verbreitung der NANDA-Pflegediagnosen im deutsch-sprachigen Raum dargestellt und eine Auswahl der einflussreichsten deutschsprachigen Implementierungsliteratur vorgestellt und analysiert.
This booklet contains a sequence of stories that in most cases speak about the center source of revenue seize opposed to the backdrop of inhabitants growing older in China. It additionally deals sensible feedback on find out how to steer clear of it appropriately. Concretely, it argues that the govt. may still speed up the transition of monetary improvement modes, get to the bottom of targeted social conflicts, advertise a balanced rural and concrete improvement through the technique of urbanization, and mitigate the consequences of inhabitants ageing by way of fostering strengths and fending off weaknesses.
- The Information World of Retired Women (New Directions in Information Management)
- Aging in the Designed Environment
- Improving Competence Across the Lifespan: Building Interventions Based on Theory and Research
- Designated Caregiver - Manual For The Caregiver "On Call 24/7"
- あの介護施設はなぜ、地域一番人気になったのか!! 「想い」と「経営力」で進化する17法人 (Japanese Edition)
- Aging in the Designed Environment
Extra resources for 50+ Library Services: Innovation in Action
50+ Library Services: Innovation in Action by Diantha Dow Schull